Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jane at 5 Months and My Farm Girl

My Janey girl...

You are 5 months old and I can't believe time is going so fast!  You are still my large, loveable, little lady and I wouldn't want it any other way : )  When people first meet you, they usually say, "Wow she has beautiful eyes, and boy is she chunky!"  I could just kiss those cheeks all day long.

At 5 months...

You are rolling everywhere.  I can't just lay you down anymore because you are all over the place. 
You are very strong and will jerk out of a grip if it's not tight. 
You smile ALL THE TIME.  I love this about you.
You are getting a tooth and it is sharp! Solid food is on the horizon and I have a feeling you are gonna like it....
You have a temper, uh, lets just say passionate personality : )
You love your sister.  She calls you Sissy and you think she is hilarious.  You especially love bathtime together with her and the two of you laugh uncontrollably.  It makes this Mama's heart overflow with joy : )
You love being close to Mama in the Beco and will stay content in it for hours at a time.
You are wearing 6-12 month clothes and wearing size 3 diapers, size 4 at night.
You have Eczema pretty bad and we have to take special care of your skin to make sure it stays moisturized.
You sleep in the pack and play in Mama and Daddy's room and prefer either your tummy or side.
You eat about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day, and usually wake 2x a night.  I am hoping you will start sleeping longer at night and can hardly bear to let you cry... you have improved so much in the last month so I have great hope for you my dear!

 I pray everyday that God will draw you to himself, and that will continue to be my prayer as long as I am alive and blessed to be called your Mother. 


Kay, could you be any cuter?

With Kay, it is never too cold for a popsicle.  Well actually I think it was low 70's this day but compared to the 90 plus weather it was cold enough to wear you boots and a cardigan : )  Only in Texas...


This is a farm girl at heart.  Look at her on that tractor!
Joey's parents, who we call Pops and Grammy, have chickens, goats and miniature donkeys.

Kay was not afraid AT ALL of the large, mostly tame, farm animals.  In fact I think the only thing Kay is afraid of is strangers...and just people in general : )  It's okay though, I was terribly shy when I was young too.  At least I know God is bigger than our weaknesses and he has all the power to help her overcome that in time. 

I see little tidbits of a servant's heart in you.  Your heart is tender, sensitive, and willing to help whenever I ask.  I think God may have given you the gift of service and I pray you will use it for His glory one day.  Serving the nations, the lost and hungry, the orphan and widow, your siblings, and maybe even a husband and children one day : ) 


Sometimes I still can't believe I have children...TWO children...on the hard days I feel like I am inadequate to do this...too weak and tired.  But God gently reminds me to have faith.  So I do, and I will, and I trust in my God who is the Giver...
of strength when I am weak, and faith when I my heart refuses to surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment