Thursday, April 21, 2011

At 15 Months....

Because I want to be able to look back and see what life was like at 15 months for you....

At 15 months... you are getting more "little girlish" every day!  You are communicating really well and understand most everything I tell you to do.  You especially love the chance to throw something in the trash for me, and of course your are momma's little helper.  I love spending time with you and I still get sad when I have to leave you, even for a few hours.

You are taking 2 naps, 1 1/2 hours each and are sleeping 12 hours at night.  You are definitely making up for all the sleepless nights we had when you were a tiny baby!  You are sleeping with your paci and "Silky Bear", but no blankets because you don't like them on you.

Some of your favorite things and things I love about you at this age:
*You love to read! You have always loved books and would rather look through your book basket than play with toys.  Its also fun to cuddle with you while I read to you : )
*Dogs are your favorite thing in the world.  You get so excited when you see a dog anywhere and start "woofing" at them which makes me laugh every time.  You love all animals and aren't afraid of any of them, big or small.
*Favorite Food:  cheese, and dairy products.  You also love bananas.
*You love music of any kind.  You light up with a smile when you hear music and you love to dance to it too.  I love that you lift your hand to "praise Jesus" no matter if it is a rock song in a restaurant or to worship music... I pray you enjoy praising Jesus the rest of your life.
*You are fascinated with curtains right now and like to hide behind them to play peek-a-boo.
*You love babies and are beginning to like playing with dolls.  You especially like to kiss them and "rock rock" them and momma is working to teach you to be gentle with them so you will be gentle with Jane when she comes.
*You love Daddy! You two love to get crazy and rowdy and it's really fun for Momma to watch.  You have one book that has a picture of a dark bearded man on it and you think it's Daddy.  You love to point to it and say "daddy" and kiss it.  It's so cute I just let you think its him : )
*You can still be pretty shy around people, but once you are comfortable you can be quite the entertainment.  You're just a happy girl and you are rarely fussy or whiney.  You're just a joy to be around.


What Our Daily Schedule Looks Like:

You usually wake up around 8:00-8:30 and make little noises in your bed, usually just talking to yourself.  Sometimes I wait a while to go get you so I can wake up a bit before getting out of bed : ).  I am always greeted with a beaming smile when I go get you in the morning, and you have always been that way.  It helps remind me to be joyful in the mornings!  I usually change your diaper and you are asking for Daddy.  He is usally getting ready to leave for work, so we go see him for a bit and then go downstairs for breakfast while Daddy leaves.  I give you your cup of milk and get your breakfast ready.  You usually eat some fruit and dry cereal for breakfast.  I eat my cereal next to you and read from Proverbs, usually the chapter that corresponds to whatever day it is.  You don't really understand what I'm reading but one day you will : )  Our bible verse we work on in the mornings in Deuteronomy 6:5- Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and strength.  We have hand motions that go with it and you are starting to get it.

After breakfast you play a while downstairs and then we go back upstairs to change into day clothes.  You can climb up the stairs now and you like to "bonk" your head on the wall sometimes cause you think its funny.  We get dressed and usually read books for a while, or do flashcards or just play.  Sometimes I will do "blanket time" with you and have you sit on a blanket for about 20 minutes to practice self-control and just cause I will need you to know how to do that when Jane comes! You take a morning nap around 9:30-10:00 and sleep for about 1 1/2 hours.

When you get up from your nap you are ready to go! You will usually have pulled a book into your crib because I have your book basket by your bed and are reading a book or two.  It's usually lunch time by now and we make plans to meet Daddy for lunch somewhere or have lunch at home with Daddy when he can.  On Wednesdays we go to playdate with some friends, usually at a park and it's nice to get out of the house and see our friends.  You usually are ready to take your second nap around 2:00 and you sleep for another 1-1/2 hours!

When you wake up from your second nap we usually run errands or go on a walk or do something to keep us busy until its time for dinner.  We always go walk to check the mail after your nap and you like to carry the key.  I use this time to practice "come, stop, and wait" commands with you and you do pretty well but we still have some work to do : )  Around 5:00 I usually let you watch a 20 minute show while I start cooking dinner, which is either Alphabet Zoo, Wonderpets, or your Praise Baby DVD which is your all time favorite.  Daddy comes home usually around 6:00 and sometimes we go outside and wait for him... this is when you usually get in dirt of some kind, but as long as its not too messy I will let you get a little dirty.  I want you to love the outdoors, dirt and all!


When Daddy gets home we eat dinner and just enjoy time together! Sometimes we like to go do something together like get frozen yogurt or go to Target cause Daddy is sweet and knows Momma likes to go there : )  You get a bath around 7:30 and I think it may be your favorite time of day.  Daddy bathes you these days cause Momma is too pregnant! You like to put your tongue under the running water and drink it.  You also love to play with your cup and pour water on yourself.  Sometimes Daddy gets you acting crazy in the tub and I have to remind the both of you that you will drown! He always protects you from that though.  After your bath we brush your teeth while singing the brush your teeth song and you enjoy that as well. 

We put your lotion and pjs on and Daddy leads family worship, which consists of reading a short bible story of some kind, singing a song, going over your bible verse, and praying.  You know now that it is "night night" time and are ready for bed around 8:00 p.m. 

So that is our schedule as of now! It's pretty consistent each day but of course every day is different.  It will change when Jane gets here so I wanted to write it out so I could remember the days when it was just "us." 

You have no idea how much I love you baby girl.  You are the greatest gift God could have ever given me and my deepest desire for you is that you learn to love Jesus with all your heart, soul, and strength.  You are gonna be such a good big sister to Jane, and I can't wait to see how much you will love her and be an example of joy to her.  I have treasured these days when it has just been you and me... thank you for introducing me to motherhood and teaching me more about how God loves us unconditionally...the way I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment